July 27 Update
We noticed that Keke has been trying to keep her puppies from nursing, so we asked her why she was turning down her own puppies. Her answer, “Have you seen their damned teeth?!?
August 13 Update
The puppies had their second visit to the vets office today for their first series of shots and their physical examinations.
The shots they received were distemper, parvo, CAV-2 (hepatitis), and parainfluenza. Our vet also checked the puppies’ hearts, eyes and ears, hind quarters, patellas, and for the boys, checked for testicles. The puppies also got their de-worming meds and also had their weights recorded.
- Puppy 1 (Helon) weighed 3lb11 oz.
- Puppy 2 (Lilly) weighed 4lbs 8 oz.
- Puppy 3 (Cosmo) weighed 5lbs 3 oz.
- Puppy 4 (JK) weighed 4lbs 8 oz.
- Puppy 5 (Paisley) weighed 3lbs 8 oz.
Interesting is that Paisley was the heaviest of the puppies at birth, but is currently the smallest. Also the names have been constantly changing.
- Puppy1 was previously called Melody, then Foxy, and is currently called Helon (short for Hell On Wheels).
- Puppy 2 was previously called Fancy, or Fancy Pants, but now is called Lilly.
- Puppy 3 was previously, and currently, called Cosmo.
- Puppy 4 was previously called Bandit, now is called J. K.
- Puppy 5 was previously called Clone, then Juniorette, but is now called Paisley.
Our thanks to our vet, Dr. Rupinder Goraya at the Pico Rivera Animal Hospital for taking such wonderful care of our dogs.